nu:view is the world's first breast computed tomography (CT) scanner based on spiral CT technology and an imaging system that permits diagnosis of breast cancer in its very early stages. The system is characterised by excellent image resolution at low radiation doses with short scanning times.
In contrast to earlier detector technologies, nu:view converts each X-ray photon directly into an electrical pulse using cadmium telluride (CdTe) photon-counting detectors. nu:view is thus able to deliver the highest image quality with minimal dose requirements. For the first time, true 3D visualization of all parts of the female breast can now be acquired in a single image. The overlay-free images allow for excellent soft tissue differentiation. Up to 2000 projection images are created during a single 360° rotation around the female breast, and a complete scan takes only 7-12 seconds.
- High isotropic spatial resolution
- True 3D images of the breast without image overlays
- Excellent soft tissue differentiation
- Optimised for short scan times with an acquisition time of 7-12 seconds per scan
- Low patient dose during mammography scans
- Increased patient comfort – no compression of the breast is necessary
- CE marking, fully-integrated clinical information systems (RIS & PACS)
nu:view breast CT offers a very high level of patient comfort, since the full examination is conducted without breast compression. For this purpose, the patient lies in the prone position (chest-down) on the examination table, the breast to be examined is placed comfortably over the aperture and no compression needs to be exerted.
There are no restrictions in terms of age, gender or other conditions of the breast for patients able to undergo examination.
- Focal spot size 0.3 (IEC 60336)
- Tube voltage 60 kV
- Current 5-125 mA
- Power: up to 7.5 kW
- Filtering: 3 mm Al (equivalent)
- Spiral cone beam CT scan
- Up to 2000 projections in 360°
- Acquisition time 7-12 sec per scan
- Low patient dose for diagnostic mammograms
- No breast compression
- Type: photon counting detector (direct conversion)
- Sensor: CdTe, 0.75 mm thickness
- Pixel size: (0.1)mm²
- Detector area: approx. 280 x 50 mm²
- Frame rate: up to 1000 Hz
- Fully isotropic high spatial resolution
- Measurement range: Ø 200 x 160 mm
- Voxel size: (0.15)mm³
- Reconstruction algorithm with filtered back projection
published in Radiologie Magazin 1-2020 (Language: German)
In our news section you can read an article published in the Radiologie Magazin.
It reports in detail on the experiences of the University Hospital Zurich, where nu:view is used.
The actual product configuration depends on the equipment selected and may differ from country to country. The products and product equipment shown in this illustration may differ in individual details from the current delivery program. Subject to changes in the interest of technical progress and errors excepted.